8.03.2011

My water broke!

Okay, so it broke 2 months ago and I'm HORRIBLE at documenting things! I was telling this story to a friend today and she asked why I haven't blogged about it yet, so thanks Alyssa! Most of you have probably heard how my water broke, but for those poor unfortunate souls who haven't, you're in for a laugh:)

On Thursday, May 26th, 2011, I was sitting at my desk big and pregnant. I had a week to go until my due date and a week until school was out, so it was perfect! Well, my class was sitting at their desks, waiting for the bell to ring and all of sudden... I felt a little trickle of water in my pants. Am I peeing? No. Did my water break? No, it couldn't be. So I stood up to hand back some papers, and... YEP! I definitely was my water! It was the biggest gush as soon as I stood up, it looked like a water balloon popped in my pants! "Uh... you guys, my water just broke!" This was to a class of high school juniors. Three of the boys immediately stood up and said "what should we do!?!" before I could answer, they were running down the hall to the office. So I ran after them (with way wet pants) and by the time I got there the administrators were headed toward me, walky talky's in hand. They asked if I was okay and we all went back into to office. With about 12 people just starring at me, I just had to laugh and ask "Can I drive to the hospital?" They said I shouldn't drive, so I went into the prinicipal's office and called Brad (I didn't even have time to grab my phone or my purse). He was so excited and shocked and just said, okay, I'll meet you at the hospital! So my principal went down to my classroom to get my phone and my purse and the secretary went to get her car. I called my mom, my 2 sisters, my dad and my brother to let them all know and headed to the hospital. Brad was already there when I got there and met me at the door. We both just had giant smiles on our faces and had no idea what we were getting into:) It has been the biggest life changing experience and Brad and I are SO SO happy! we love being parents and feel SO blessed to have this beautiful little man in our lives. Love you buddy!

Like I said, I'm terrible at documenting, so I'm just gonna do the best I can:) Some things about Parker in the last two months are:






He held his head up, pretty much from day one.
He used to pee every time we took his diaper off.

Brad changed ALL of his diapers in the hospital.

He curled up in your arms like a potato bug after he ate.

He used to eat with one eye open.

We could calm him down and get him to eat by turning on a faucet and standing by it (or sitting by it, I nursed him in the bathroom sitting on the toilet for the first few days).

He's smiling and cooing like crazy now!

He sleeps pretty well at night (til about 4am).

His mommy and daddy love him SO much!





4 comments:

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

Love the pictures of your wet pants! haha! Thanks for sharing the story. He is SO CUTE! He has perfect chubby cheeks!

Val, Matt, and Madison said...

Ashley he is adorable... such a funny story about your water breaking! You guys need to call me next time Brooke comes down, I miss you and I would LOVE to see the babies!

Abby O! said...

Member how on your last post, in May, you said you'd keep us updated. Liar! ;) Thanks for finally sharing! I had no idea your water broke at work... I'm due in January and would think that was hilarious if it happened to me too! He really is so adorable and that is an awesome story!

Jake and Shannon Box said...

Thank you for sharing... even though I already heard it... It made me cry!!!! LOL! I think it's the music and seeing your cute family together! That's truly what it's all about. You guys are such a cute family! We are excited to see you on Sunday!