8.30.2009

Top of Utah Half Marathon





Wow... I don't know which was harder, teaching my first week of school, or running this half marathon! Collie and I decided to do this a few months ago, and we finally accomplished it! It felt so great to be able to say that we ran the whole thing. Thanks to Zach, Collie's parents, and a special thanks to Brad, Stacey and the Jackson fam; they were the most amazing support group in the world! They waited for us at a few of the points on the course with cheering and camera's and water! It was the best motivation in the world, especially at the finish line. I almost cried when I was running in and they were all standing there cheering=) 5:00 am.


This is the first time we saw everyone, on mile 6!

This was a sight for sore eyes... and legs, and feet, and every muscle in the human body!
Trav doctored us up afterwards, and even though I couldn't bend my knees, the ice helped a ton! Thanks for everyone's support! I'm so grateful to all of these amazing people in my life... and thanks Collie, for the awesome experience!

8 comments:

Brooke Jackson said...

Ashley, I ready your post...and then I cried...LOL, I was just thinking of you. I am so proud of you guys. Way to accomplish your goal!

TJ and Whitnee said...

Wow that is really awesome! How is school going? And what classes are you teaching?

Anonymous said...

Way to GO!!! Are you addicted yet?

Jake and Shannon Box said...

You girls ROCK!!! What a great accomplishment! Such a fun experience too. I wanna run the next one with you...after I get this little guy out of me.

allison wright said...

ash you are amazing. i am worn out sitting here reading about the race. how is school teaching? those lucky kids to have you as thier teacher.

Troop 2531 said...

great job Ash! you look great!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

WoW! congrats, that is amazing. where are you teaching?

Menlove Family said...

Good Job!!!!